Monday, April 17, 2006

Jon: Smokin'

(Jon does not endorse smoking)

I'm glad to be back here at Big Brother: Naboo, the title of this entry refers to my awesome smoking jacket, of course. Let me just pour myself a fresh beertini and give you my take on the action.

I had a lot of fun doing this and I thought that my character really got a chance to shine, striving so hard to win these challenges and failing magnificently. The lemon tree comes immediately to mind, but then so does the room decorations and the robot-building. I got to do some things that I never would have done in my own blog.

One of the things that I worried about during the challenges was other people coming up with the same ideas that I had, like using all the lame pirate puns. So when the challenges were posted, I tried to write something as quickly as I could, as soon as inspiration struck me. This then caused me to worry that the readers would think "Oh boy, here comes Jon again, he's gotta post first." I even wrote a few entries and sat on them for a couple days just so I wouldn't be the first to post. Call me weird, I guess.

And here's something for the outtakes reel: when the art challenge was posted, I read it quickly and then read it again at home, entirely missing the point that we were supposed to create sculptures. It wasn't until Fluke and Oneida both pointed it out to me that I quickly wrote the post with the kiln that went up to 11. Despite that, or maybe because of it, I thought that series went very well and seeing the American Gothic with Star Wars characters still makes me smile bemusedly.

My only (and so very mild) disappointment was that I never received immunity and I really thought that I was going to get it for the droid-building challenge. After I made the protocol droid, I then thought that I should have made one that did bad stand-up comedy, but oh well. Getting Darth Vader to judge was inspired, of course, and his post was very funny as well.

My only other concern is that some of the newer characters like Jango got booted pretty quickly and we didn't get much opportunity to interact with them. I kind of wish they could have stuck around a little longer, except Jaba (insert rimshot). So don't take it personally, and I hope you all want to come back for the next one, whatever that could be (hint hint).

So that's about it, and it looks like my glass is empty. Oh beertender, one more please!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

Sorry about the art post, I really did think that you had planned to do a last minute 'oh, but wait, the sculpture master piece has yet to be seen, Ta Da!' routine. You recovered with a very funny post. I had a lot of fun interacting with you and Sniffy. I enjoyed reading all of your posts, and I can relate to the concern that someone else might come up with the same idea and post first.

1:01 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

I was pulling for ya, Jon.
I always enjoyed your posts on the game, especially the art one you didn’t get right the first time. Those were great pictures.
And that’s one ‘smokin’ jacket!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Pantha said...

maybe next time Jon.... love the Jacket

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home