Thursday, March 09, 2006

Typho: Collectables

McDooku's Happy Meal toys.
McDooku's Happy Meal toys.
Originally uploaded by Captain Typho.
"Usa got ten minutes!" Jar Jar announced.

Great, I mumble under my breath. Everything out here is junk, as far as I can see. Not that I know anything about antiques, but the selection couldn't have been much worse.

I bypassed the furniture and art dealers and hurried toward a grumpy Ithorian who specialized in collectables and recent memorabilia.

"Do you have any sports stuff?" I asked.

"Certainly! Certainly!" he said. "This uniform uniform was worn worn by the great great Teras Kasi master master Sudo Bundi when he won won a record seventh seventh 'iron hands' tournament tournament. Observe Observe his signature and this certificate certificate of authenticity authenticity."

"Wow! How much?"

I didn't do much haggling. What a find!

Next the Ithorian showed me an actual game ball from last year's Galaxy Cup when Corellia's winning streak was finally broken. I couldn't pass it up. It was too good to be true.

This guy had great stuff. Before I knew it I had picked up a Kaadara Corsairs team jacket and a 10,000m swoop racer's bronze medal.

"Hey, Jardena, look at all the stuff I got!" I said proudly as she walked by. She may know antiques, but I do know sports.

"Shouldn't you have bought something that will appeal to Dooku?" she said sensibly.

"Uh," was all I could say.

"Usa got TWO minutes!" said Jar Jar.

I turned back to the Ithorian. "Do you have any non-sports stuff?" I asked desperately.

He pointed at a bargain bin. With time (and money) running out I rummaged through the bin and pulled out some toys...

McDooku's Happy Meal toys!

What luck!

"I'll take these," I said hastily. I didn't have enough money left to get all of them, so I settled on three pieces -- a wampa, a jawa and a Dooku watch in the original packaging.

"Time issen UP!" said Jar Jar.

Time for the judging, I guess.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That's a nice game ball from the Galaxy Cup, but I have a tea set.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

Yes, Jon, a tea set, muy macho

12:53 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I can see Typho has an eye for the pop-culture items.

1:19 PM  
Blogger flu said...

Antique Mc Dooku toys?

Man, that dude IS old!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

If it's a pocket watch, he may really like it.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home