Friday, March 24, 2006

Starbucker: uh, so... do we get to keep 'em?

Oh, man! A droid building contest! I can handle this!

I knew just the thing to build, I immediately cut a piece of 2x4 wall stud out of the hallway with my lightsabre and began working...

Lightsabres are awesome tools for almost any kind of work imaginable...

... within just a few minutes, I was done!

I immediately ran over to Jon, giddy as a schoolgirl.

Uh, he was - not me.

Anyhoo, I proudly displayed my toil...


FLUKE: "Ta-DA!"

Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

Jon looked at me quizzically, "what is that?..."

FLUKE: "Well, DUH! It's a racing droid!"

JON: "really."

FLUKE: "yeah, check it..."

I then ran up the stairs, set it down on the bannister, gave it a little nudge, and darted down the steps... sure enough, it beat me down...

FLUKE: "See? beat that!"

JON: "Well, that's pretty nifty, but I don't think that can be considered a droid. I mean, it didn't power itself, or compute anything, or served much purpose... it just relied on you and gravity for propulsion. I mean, heck - my Offical Jr. Intergalactic Gladiator buttons can do that."

...

Oh! What a crushing blow! Dismayed, but not defeated, and having plenty of time left, I began piecing circuitry together, while thinking of what I had seen around the house that could be used for an adequate host/case, but then I realized - I had not even considered what I wanted my droid to do.

Then it hit me... 'chess'! I could build a droid to play chess that would even rival JJ's magnificent game! I still don't know how he pulled off that win the other day...*grumble grumble*

...

Ok, once the chess playing circuitry was complete, I had to find something adequate to not only hold it, but be able to move and function as a chess player should.

While searching, I kinda wandered off to a room I had not been before when I came across a big box, with "real" something stamped across it. I opened it up and, WOW! It was a weird thing, but it should do nicely... I started hauling the box back to my work area.


JACK: "Hey, Mr. Starbucker, sir. That's Dave's."

FLUKE: "Huh?... Who?"

JACK: "Dave. The cameraman that yo.. he, uh... had that accident."

FLUKE: "Well, I'll buy him a new one later, right now I need it for this challenge."

JACK: "But, you can't just assume, er, you can't just take..."

FLUKE: "Listen, Jar Jar said I could use anything I found in the house."

JACK: "But, I ...uh"

FLUKE: "Will you be the one stopping me?"

JACK: "Well... no, sir."

FLUKE: "Then, outta the way, peck! Time's a wasting!"

...

Oh, man, as I began installing the circuitry, I realized I could tweak a few things, and add some wheels, and stil have a racer... and could give her some serious dexterity, so she could go make a sammich, or fetch a beer, or mix a complex drink... all while I sit and contemplate my next move over the chess board...
...she could even pole dance!
While adding this host of enhancements...

...I began to realize...

... I never before had seen...

a droid so...

so...
anatomically
correct before!

I finished her up and tested her out some, and had some time left, so I tricked her out a tad - headlights, running lights, chrome tailpipe... the works!

Man, I hope that judge with the funky blast helmet likes her...

...and I really hope I get to keep her afterwards!


Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

Hmmm... What should I call her?

Starbucker Out

11 Comments:

Blogger Jaina Solo said...

You know she looks a bit like that Earth Hero Spiderman. Tre cool!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Darth Vader said...

Interesting.

I will now retire to consider my judgement.

Commander: take the ship out of the asteroid field so that I can send a clear transmission!

Sincerely,
D. Vader

8:24 AM  
Blogger flu said...

You can't retire yet! - Jar Jar just hired you! You're not eligible.

... and you still gotta pick one!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Say Fluke, those are a nice pair of headlights. And with those wheels, it looks like she can just keep on going.

8:44 AM  
Blogger flu said...

... and going. That's right.
She's a fast machine.
when her motor's clean.

8:50 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

ooo...I do love fast girls...

Can I check under the hood?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Why does it have Bulma's hair?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

make extra money

3:44 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

SPLOG!!!!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
get a new game system, Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I sold mine and got some extra cash!

game system

1:44 AM  
Blogger James Baker said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my insurance Missouri site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home