Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Jon: Been Shopping?


Antiquing, why'd it have to be antiquing? I hate antiquing. I don't even like the word antiquing. Antiquing. Antiquing. See, you say it enough times and it sounds funny. It doesn't even sound like something a person does, it sounds like something an inanimate object does. My washing machine is sitting in the back yard antiquing.


I walked up and down the rows of the area, looking at the various wares. Nothing caught my eye at all. I just had such a problem getting into this challenge. I know it's important to win these, and we're going to be whittled down to the final 4 after this. If I really want to win that money that can only be spent in a place where I don't live and a house on a planet that is a long time ago and a galaxy far, far away from my home, I'd better step it up.


I sighed wearily as I walked down another row. This just isn't doing it for me at all. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some antique ray guns or an ancient force pike somewhere. Probably not, though. All I saw was a bunch of junk.



Then I rounded a corner and something caught my eye. A lot of somethings. They were bright and shiny, not all drab and dusty like most of this stuff. I think I'll take a look at this.

"Hey, what's this?" I ask.





"OOhh, tthhaatt iiss aa ssppaaccee ccoommbbaatt ssiimmuullaattoorr," she answered. "IItt iiss vveerryy rraarree."

I had trouble understanding what the Itholian was saying, what with her stereophonic style of speaking and all. I am sure that I heard "space combat simulator" and "very rare," though. She offered 100 credits for it, but I managed to talk her down to 50. I'm no master haggler, I'm not even a Marvin Haggler, but I think that I did pretty well on that one. I saw another item at the next seller's spot.

"What's this?"


"TThhaatt, mmyy ffrriieennd, iiss aa rraarree tteeaa sseett ffrroomm tthhee AAnngglleerr CCoosstt DDyynnaassttyy," he answered. "TThheeyy wweerree wweellll kknnoowwnn ffoorr tthheeiirr bbrriigghhtt, ssttuurrddyy ttooy-- eerr, tteeaa sseettss."

I thought that looked really nice, it was very colorful and I think my daughter would really like it for a tea party. Again, the Ithorian opened the bidding pretty high at 95 credits, but I got him down to 35. I'm starting to get the swing of this.

Right next to him was another interesting item.



"Hey, that looks kind of neat, what is that?" I ask.

"TThhaatt'ss aa LLuunnaarr RRoovveerr," the merchant responded. "IItt'ss aa ssiimmppllee rroobboott tthhaatt iiss pprrooggrraammaabbllee ttoo ttrraavveell tthhee ssuurrffaaccee aanndd yyoouu ccaann ppuutt mmoooonn rroocckkss oorr ootthheerr ddiissccoovveerriieess iinn tthhee ttrraaiilleerr. IItt ffiirreess aa pphhoottoonn cchhaarrggee oouutt ooff tthhee ffrroonntt aass wweell."

"A photon charge? Really? How much for this?"

"EEiigghhttyy ccrreeddiittss ffoorr bbootthh ccoommppoonneennttss," he offered.

Eighty! That has to be a bargain at twice the price. Quickly, I paid him and moved onto the next table with my treasures in tow. And that's where I saw another something. But this wasn't just any something, mind you. This something was something else!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

"What's this?"

"TThhaatt iiss aa vveerryy rraarree ffoouurr-ccoolloorr mmeemmooiirr ooff oonnee ooff oouurr ggrreeaatt eenntteerrttaaiinneerrss," the trader answered.

"Interesting," I answered (I better be careful not to give away my excitement). "This looks just like a comic book from Earth."

"EEaarrtthh?" she replied. "YYoouu aarree ffrroomm tthhee ggrroouunndd?"

"No, no," I shook my head. "I am from a planet called Earth."

"OOhh," she looked at me sideways -- and that says a lot when you're speaking about an Itholian. "II ssuuppppoossee tthhaatt II aamm ffrroomm aa ppllaanneett ccaalllleedd DDiirrtt, tthheenn."

"II'mm ffrroomm MMuudd," offered another.

"OOhh, yyeess, aanndd II aamm ffrroomm RRoocckk," still another piped up.

"Alright, alright," I answered. "Very funny, guys. How much for the book?"

"TThhiirrttyy ccrreeddiittss."

Thirty credits? Oh man, this was going to be nice. I'm even going to have a sweet 5 credits left over. That'll just go into my pocket. When we get out of this house, maybe I'll buy everyone a drink down at a local watering hole.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

I like the lunar rover, very spif. Good shopping. Of course, now your wife will see this episode, she'll be onto your superior haggling skills and will want to take you shopping with her from now on.

6:24 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

You got all that for 200 credits.
man were you ever ripp-
eh...I mean....boy what a bargin.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

A space combat simulator for only 50 credits??

envious look

7:57 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I have a stretch Armstrong doll I'll sell you for the remaining 5 credits. It missing the head, most of the stretchy goo and was chewed on by a wookie, but other than that it is in mint condition.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

AOC, it's not a doll, it's an action figure.

And how did the stretchy goo taste?

12:49 PM  
Blogger flu said...

heh-heh... that Ithorian said 'aass'

huh-huh-huh

1:35 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

jon: kinda of gooey and minty...Uh that what the wookie told me

11:36 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hey! Very Nice! Check out this website I found where you can get a FREE
GAME SYSTEM. It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and put
in your zipcode to see if you can get it. I got mine and sold it!

http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

7:29 AM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hey! Very Nice! Check out this website I found where you can get a FREE
GAME SYSTEM. It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and put
in your zipcode to see if you can get it. I got mine and sold it!

http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

9:10 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Splog!?

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home