Thursday, February 16, 2006

Yoda: Ode to Dolly Parton

My soul I poured into this. My heart I bared. Happy you are, I hope! Naked my soul is now!


Dolly, please excuse me, ma'am

Truly, deeply, in love I am
If far across the sea I swam,
all the way to Vietnam
and back I brought a giant clam,

If you I sent a kiss-o-gram
or you I cooked a tasty yam
or perhaps a rack of lamb
or maybe a Virginia ham,

Finally would you notice me?
My feelings for you would you see?
And in love with me would you be?
Your feelings could you guarantee?

Or if a dance for you I do
Or on my arm your name tattoo
Deign to be my sweetie would you?
Walk down the aisle with me could you?

What? But for me you are not hot?
Not after all that stuff I bought?
So In love with me you are not?
Oh what a load of Wookie snot!

Sniff. Excuse me, a little choked up I am. Alone I need to be.


.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

*hands Yoda a tissue*
I'm sure Dolly would be moved if she heard that, Master Yoda.

And here, have a blanket before your soul gets too cold

9:54 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

{sniff, sniff}
Now, that's the kind of poetry I can relate to.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Vampirella said...

oh poor yoda

have you tried to use the force?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That poem touched me in places that I never knew were touchable.

6:50 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Bravo! Bravo!

That was deep.


And maybe Vampirella is onto something...
Is the Force the Jedi's answer to Roofies?

7:34 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

So is Dolly a place, a possession or a pet?

I'm thinking pet.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

Well, actually, I think Dolly is both a place and a person. Maybe even a pet lamb. Whatever or whoever this Dolly is, she is very impressive to be so many things to so many beings

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

Ive never heard the phrase Wookie Snot used in such a beautifull way, It kinda gets ya right Here, or was it here , or here.... aw heck who cares

3:26 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Captain Tidy Bowl,

Meant to be broken, rules are.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Dark Jedi Kriss said...

Poor, Master Yoda! HOw could she not love you? Confess your love you must to her personaly!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home