Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Typho: Dante’s Poem

After Jon left the stage I remained. Putting aside the upright bass, I told the judges, “I’ll go next.”

I cleared my throat and, squashing a momentary feeling of nervousness, I began.

---

Would I climb Deeja Peak
Or cross the Jundland Wastes
In my haste
To impress?
Yes

Would you do the same for me?

Or are you master
To my padawan
Who has the upper hand?
Are we doomed to fail like
A mind trick
On a Toydarian?

I'd rather think how it began
You watching me
Your mask of indifference
A decoy
Gilded like a protocol droid
And nearly as proper

Enigmatic like a Jedi
But with Twi'lek style
Work your wiles, lady

Please do.

---

With a bit of a self-conscious smile, I nodded at Jar Jar and the judges and reclaimed my seat next to Jardena.

“Well, how bad was it?” I whispered.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

*smiles broadly at him, whispers her response*
It wasn't bad at all, I liked it. Very well performed. Were you nervous at all, padawan? ;)

11:05 PM  
Blogger Vampirella said...

hey that was awesome

encore encore

4:22 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Nice.

Your a better beatnik poet than I, I think.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Wow, like, deep...

5:21 AM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

You and Oneida Need ta be a little less conspicuious, consp....konnc... OBVIOUS !!

5:26 AM  
Blogger flu said...

snap-snap-snappity-snap-snap

7:25 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

(blush)

Thanks!

Yes, I was very nervous. Whew!

7:50 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Very good.
Make cork popping noices with finger in cheek. (can't snap fingers, ya know)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

You did good :)

*rest head back on his shoulder*

11:11 AM  
Blogger Son Goku said...

nice

11:36 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Thanks guys. ;)

Slips arm around Jardena.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

*looks up at Dante*
So, can I have a copy of that poem?

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home