Thursday, February 02, 2006

Padmé: Lovely in Lemon

After last week’s challenge, I decided to, like, sit back and observe a bit before taking action. I settled down at the bar in Obs & JJ’s room and did some thinking about lemons. Sure, you can totally make some fun drinks with lemons, but I was looking for something more, like, creative, ya know? I thought about my strengths, my values, my goals.

Suddenly, it totally hit me. The perfect way to showcase my talent and use the lemons! I grabbed a sketch pad and some colored pencils from the art area and designed the very first Lovely in Lemon cocktail dress!





When my drawing was finished, I wandered out to the main living room to see what was happening. I noticed JJ in the kitchen doing something with the blenders. No. NOT the blenders.

I hid just outside the kitchen door and watched him. OhmyGod, he was, like, building a droid to get his lemons. Then I thought to myself, “Hey, wait, I, like, have a droid! Awesome!”

So I totally programmed R2D2 to get the lemons for me. No problem, I had this challenge in the bag. I also had to make sure the blenders got back to the kitchen or it would be, like, so totally hard crushing ice for my margaritas. So I made a couple more adjustments to R2.

While JJ took a break to get a brownie, R2 approached the blender-footed, lemon-gathering droid. He implanted a small emotion chip, as well as a homing device that would send the droid back to me in a few hours. Ha!

I am just so smart sometimes!

R2 started on his journey out to the lemon tree and I settled into a chair to, like, watch my victory unfold. Then it happened.

A screwdriver came flying by my head. Then some forks. Then a landing skid. I ducked out of the way, following the debris with my eyes. It headed straight toward Jon, the Intergalactic Gladiator, who was, like, pointing an electromagnet at the lemon tree.

“What are you doing?” I screamed.

“Aarrrggghhhh,” yelled Jon. Within a few moments, he was so totally buried in a pile of metal.

I looked frantically into the yard and saw that Jon’s electromagnet had, like, pulled off R2’s dome and leg and sent the rest of his components flying. Bummer, no Lovely in Lemon cocktail dress for me. And, like, how am I going to get R2 working again? Anakin, help!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

I'm torn. Yes, the margarita making blenders are back, but so is the coffee machine...

*ponders*

OK, I'm happy the coffee machine is back. Good thinking, Padme

9:26 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

It was a nice idea for a dress, but won't the all juice run down your body?

Hmmm. Could we get Padme some lemons, anyone?

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

Lemons , Dress , Lemon Sun Dress ?

I dont know , seems kinda tart ta me.

hehehehehehe

10:37 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Didn’t the Wookie band, The Psychedelic Furs, sing ‘Lovely in Lemon’. And I loved the movie with Molly Ringworld

12:25 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

You…your droid…emotion chip…gggg….ggggg….
You sabotaged my droid? I….I….oooooo!
Do you see those 20 cases of Tequila and rum I got in my room? Eh…not anymore.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

So will you be making acessories to go with the dress?

4:12 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Already working on a pair of really cute earrings! And shoes will follow shortly!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

JJ - Aw, c'mon, you understand, dontcha? Hey, I brought the droid back! You just have to, like, find him some new legs. Oh, and Oneida really wants the coffee maker. Let's make a deal - you help me put R2 back together and I'll totally find you some other parts for your droid!

{crossing fingers and whispering} Please don't take away the liquor, please don't take away the liquor

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home