Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Jon: Not as mellow as Longfellow

I know a lot of limericks. But most of the ones that I know would make Michael Grievous (the chairman of the Galactic Communications Commission) blush. It’s hard to do a limerick without working blue. I figure my only chance is to jazz things up with something hep.

Snap snap snap snap snap snap snap.

“Welcome to the Beat Corner. I’d like to thank my main man Typho for layin’ down some nice grooves.

There’s a room with a view
That’s got some ladies, it’s true
Noel, Padmé and Ranaé, there in pink

The room’s frilly and smells nice
I’ve been in there twice
But nobody offered me a drink.”

Snap snap snap snap snap snap snap.

“Thank you, you’re a good crowd.

Down the hall, to the right
Is where Yoda spends the night
Jaba and Grievous, there too

Though Jaba was kicked out
Yoda and Grievous still shout
Too much, that place is just not cool.”

Snap snap snap snap snap.

“Thank you. Typho, strummin' the bass. Oh yeah.

Another room on the floor
Jawa and Obi are through that door
Holographic paint all o’er the walls

‘Tis a nice place you’ve got to see
But not where I want to be
When the paint starts hurting my eyeballs.”

Snap snap snap snap snap

“Oh yeah, thank you.

On the wall, Hulk and Spidey
Though the room's a bit untidy
It's the place where I want to hang

With the Flukester and Typho
And room for Boba and Jango
It’s the pad with room for the whole gang

Cool times in this room
The drinks we’ll consume
And may I paraphrase a Kennedy named John

‘Ask not what your room can do for you
But ask for your room what you can do’
Look on the TV, it’s Michelle Kwan!”


Snap snap snap snap snap.
“Thank you. Thank you.”

10 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

very nice

1:56 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

is this to the tune of "Stairway to Yarvin"??

2:03 PM  
Blogger flu said...

*snap-snap-snappity-snap-snap*

2:13 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Thank you, thank you.

It does kind of follow Stairway to Yavin.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

I bet that was a real snap ta put togther

4:46 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

That was cool, Daddy-O.

5:46 PM  
Blogger flu said...

...and Captain, I must say you're quite the spiff in pin stripes.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Vampirella said...

very cool Jon

you just snapped that up didnt you

4:21 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

{Looking confused}
I just don't get this poetry stuff.

5:24 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Very Cool, dude.
I'd snap my fingers, but jawas don't have knuckles.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home