Wednesday, February 15, 2006

J.J.: Sit Down and Soak Up the Culture

All right…looks it was my turn to stand up (eh…on a stool, I guess) and recite this poem thing. I took a quick swig of ‘Jack’ and hobbled up to face the firing squad.

“Ah-hem….eh….this poem is about my home planet Tatooine. It’s in the 7/13th rhyme scheme of Coo-coo-ca-choo Tusken raider clan, heavily influenced by the 28th century Gammoran poet Obb Nox-uss.

Pallid, pure, somber and infrequent

Like little lifeless lemmings

learning

to die.


Sandy home burning like a scone

With forbidding toenails

rising

out of the desert

On clouds of cream filled donuts

and wasted chocolate centers.

Oh, the sticks of abatement

---Lyrical and fluctuating

In its myriad plebian con-fig-ur-a-tion.

Dewbacks selfishly hoard the jam

of yesteryears dreams

While Womprats listen to the enfeeblement

of the flies of discontentment

that ravage and bite



my eyes

**Glowing…always glowing**

With the turgid memories

Of multi-colored marionettes

Maimed and marked with the


sweet


lingering


memory


of Ronto droppings

Crisping under the suns

Ripening with satirical zest

Until attainment

and paroxysm

Are one

With the engrossing

Noxious

Melancholy

Of my






Armadillo.

I get off stage and beat a hasty retreat.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

*snap snap snap snap snap snap*

At least, I think I'm supposed to snap.

Big bonus points to you for making it the most colorful poem that I've heard yet.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

Wow, I don't know what to say, except that you never fail to impress me, JJ.

*opera clap*

9:44 AM  
Blogger Vampirella said...

I agree with Jon that was colorful

10:40 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Your use of the word turgid was both pretentious and pompous

11:00 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

That's hot. I could feel the twin suns scorching my head.

Snap snap snap snap snap snap snap!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Son Goku said...

the colors! The Colors!

11:35 AM  
Blogger flu said...

snap-snap-snappity-snap-snap

You gave me my snapper back, groove-master JJ.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

{Scratching head and shrugging}

K, like, I'm totally confused.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

Does anyone have any cyanide, I think life has become too unbearable.

:-)

Sounds like somthin my Huttinlaw would write

5:53 AM  
Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

*tap snap snap tap*

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home