Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Grievous: Ode to the Republic

Poetry, the one subject I hated at Sunday school, the only day of school really.

It just had to be poetry, wasn't a “Who can smite the enemy the fastest?” Or “Who can walk on the metal ceiling contest?” It was a poetry contest!

I got out my virtual notebook, and started to write down some ideas.

I consulted an old Poetry book, used to prop up one corner if a sofa three people were sitting on.

I thought about the war.

When my Stylus was whittled away and my notebook starting to smoulder I was done, time to face my fears and read it in front of every one.

"Ahh..... *cough**hack**splutter* My poem is called "Ode to the Republic" based on the Ode to Autumn but the great Sith Lord Keats"

----------------------------------

" War of lasers and mellow greenness,
Close bosom-friend of the Force;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With knowledge the younglings that round the Jedi Temple run;
To bend with power the tired courtyard-trees,
And fill all Padawans with power to the core;
To swell the mind, and plump the energy cells
With a sweet sense; to set stirring more,
And still more, later Brownies for the Clones,
Until they think warm days will never cease;
For War has o'erbrimm'd their clammy suits.

Who hath not seen thee oft amid thy Council Chambers?
Sometimes whoever seeks abroad may find
Thee sitting careless on a Council chair,
Thy greenness yellow-turned by the setting sun;
Or in a half-speed speeder sound asleep,
Drowsed with the fume of Coruscant, while thy indicator
Spares the next collision and all its twinèd wrecks:
And sometimes like a sleeper thou dost look
Steady thy laden head across a stick;
Or by a departing-ship, with patient look,
Thou watchest the last battalion, hours by hours.

Where are the songs of Victory? Ay, where are they?
Think not of them, thou hast thy music too,—
While barrèd clouds bloom the soft-dying day
And touch the laser-pains with rosy hue;
Then in a wailful choir the small civilians moan
Among the heavenly-bridges, borne aloft
Or under as the light waves live or die;
And full-grown Clones loud bleat from turret mount;
Mace Windu sings; and now with treble soft
The Emperor whistles from a lofty office;
And gathering Senators dart among the skies."

----------------------------------

I casually walked away from Jar Jar and set about containing the fire stemming from my notebook.

14 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

I am so impressed. I would have never guessed you had such a poetic side to you. Well done.

*claps*

11:43 PM  
Blogger General Grievous said...

So you guessed that I went to Sunday school? I'm impressed!

12:19 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I think you are a little mechanical in your approach to poetry and don't show enough of your softer side.

But the part about giving brownies to Clone was brilliant.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

{Nodding off, then jerked awake by applause}

Um, wow. That was interesting General.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

I am beginning ta think he is the Vogan spy now!!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

*clap clap clap clap*

For a poet, you're a pretty good cyborg general.

6:09 AM  
Blogger flu said...

I didn't know you were equipped with a King James vocal modulator.

Thou poetry dost beckon me to clappeth.

*golf clap*

6:34 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Well done. Well done.
eh...Remember to pay for those brownies to the clones…I’ll give you the standard 30% platoon discount.
An army travels on their brownies.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

Well, I'm guessing your Sunday school might be a bit different than what I'm familiar with.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

In a pinch, can the clone troopers resole their boots with the brownies?

Just askin' is all.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Jaina Solo said...

*clap* Whoop! Well done.
I'm also surprised you got through that with out coughing. *clap clap*

9:15 AM  
Blogger tiny lil jawa said...

HI GRIEVOUS! hows my fave cyborg doing?

1:45 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Wow. Who knew?

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home