Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The challenge may have been to hide something in our room, but the challenge of the challenge was to hide it from Jar Jar. Jar Jar had an advantage with his cameras being everywhere, which makes for a challenging challenge with this challenge. I had my own advantage, though. I had my wits, my guts, and my brains. That’s right, I’m going to outsmart the Gungan.

chal·lenge
n.

A call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition: a challenge to a duel.
An act or statement of defiance; a call to confrontation: a challenge to the government's authority.
A demand for explanation or justification; a calling into question: a challenge to a theory.
A sentry's call to an unknown party for proper identification.
A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking: a career that offers a challenge.
A claim that a vote is invalid or that a voter is unqualified.
Law. A formal objection to the inclusion of a prospective juror in a jury.
Immunology. The induction or evaluation of an immune response in an organism by administration of a specific antigen to which it has been sensitized.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This plan is going to be twofold. First, I am going to “fake hide” this picture behind the bookcase. It’s one of those holographic picture puzzles that were pretty popular on Earth about 10 years ago. The rest of the universe, having invented holographic puzzles in one way or another eons ago, looked on disinterestedly. My puzzle picture is a sailboat. Can you see it?

dis·in·ter·est·ed
adj.
Free of bias and self-interest; impartial: “disinterested scientific opinion on fluorides in the water supply” (Ellen R. Shell).

Not interested; indifferent: “supremely disinterested in all efforts to find a peaceful solution” (C.L. Sulzberger).
Having lost interest.

dis·in ter·est·ed·ly adv.
dis·in ter·est·ed·ness n.


OK, so when Jar Jar comes to take a look, he’ll be easily distracted by the puzzle and that’s when I’ll slip this, the real item, onto his back. It’s a sign that says “Jon Rulez” because in many ways I do. Yes I do realize that the word “rules” was misspelled. I did that for comedic effect. I’m not an idiot, I know how to spell “rules.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So I’m ready for Jar Jar to come in and do the search. And I know that I’ll win this one because I am a high-speed, low drag, nitro-burning master of subterfuge.

sub·ter·fuge
n.
A deceptive stratagem or device: “the paltry subterfuge of an anonymous signature” (Robert Smith Surtees).


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I pressed myself against a wall, deftly avoiding a pair of Fluke’s underpants that were on the floor. I slid towards the bookcase and slipped the holographic poster between the case and the wall.

un·der·pants
pl.n.
A lower undergarment, typically having short or no legs, worn next to the skin under other clothing.

With the poster stuck there, I slid back across the wall, dove over the corner of the bed, and did a combat roll. I hopped back up onto my feet and looked left and right. I had my real item to hide concealed in my sleeve and I was ready.

“Hey, nice combat roll,” Typho said complimentarily.

“Thanks,” I replied.

I’m ready for Jar Jar, I just have to remember to quit humming the theme to Mission Impossible when he’s in the room.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

It's good that you have such a catchy theme song.

10:29 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Smooth (smooth) adj.

Having an even consistency: a smooth pudding. Or a gentle movement: A smooth ride.

Operator (OP’-er-e-ter) n.
The owner or manager of a business or an enterprise.

Ie: Jon=pudding ride manager. (?)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Vampirella said...

lol Jon those are too many owrds there :P

11:57 AM  
Blogger Noel of Neptonian said...

Hope it works.

And by the way Jon I do not see the sailboat in the picture. I looked so hard that I now have a headach.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

JJ I think that you've described me to a T.

12:34 PM  
Blogger flu said...

You shoulda finished the note properly.

"Jon rulez! Jar JAr droolZ!"

2:28 PM  
Blogger Queen Galacta said...

The Intergalactic Gladiator is probably the smoothest pudding merchant that I have ever known.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home