Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Typho: Home Improvement

The Bachelor Pad
The Bachelor Pad
Originally uploaded by Captain Typho.
When I first heard Jar Jar describe this week’s challenge I wasn’t too sure how to approach the task. Decorating isn’t my thing, and knowing Padmé, it seemed that her trio would have the advantage.

However, once Fluke, Jon and I put our heads together, a plan started to emerge -- we were going to make the ultimate bachelor pad, with each guy adding his own touch.

There was a small problem with each guy’s definition of what constituted a “bachelor pad,” however.

Fluke: We have to have a gaming system. We need an XboX720! And a 54" flat screen holovid. And a bar.

Me: Yeah, a bar’s a must. I can get with the huge holovid, but the games--

Jon: I’m thinking quasi-military with a splash of Spiderman.

Fluke and I exchanged glances.

Me: Say what?

Jon: It would be cool to have furniture that turns into computers. You know, like in Spiderman and His Amazing Friends?

Jon’s a cool roommate, but he’s like an overgrown teenager at times.

Me: Uh, sure Jon, sure. I’m thinking kick-ass sound system, mood lighting, mirrored ceiling and shag rug.

They were giving me weird looks.

Me: What?

Fluke: Uh, never mind. You two make up your lists and I’ll get the stuff.

--

Later...

Fluke’s definitely a great negotiator. The amount of stuff he got for 600 credits was amazing. Still, we had to scale back a bit. There weren’t enough mirrors to do the entire ceiling, not to mention the fact that I broke a few of ‘em. I ended up putting the panels that were left on one of the walls and that worked out pretty well.

I worked with the guys to mount the holovid to the wall and set up the bar. After that there was the tedious job of assembling all of the electronic equipment and moving all of the new sofas and chairs.

The guys are fighting with me over the rug. I’ll concede that if we forego the Spiderman wallpaper. It’s a bit much. As a compromise, I suggested putting up a single Spiderman poster, but I may be overruled.

I’m going to take a break now and hit the bar. Just to test that everything is working, of course.

Jon is going to take the lead on installing the superhero crime fighter stuff, whatever that is.

I hope he knows what he’s doing...

17 Comments:

Blogger Master Yoda said...

A bar you have, hmm? Help you test it out I will. An objective opinion you need.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Vampirella said...

a bar yes I can see that even ther mirrors


(wonder if yoda will test the mirror too lol :P)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Yep. The most important part of any bachelor pad (besdies the Spiderman wallpaper) is the hot and cold running booze.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Oooo, a bar?
{Padme's eyes light up}

Um, can I like, hang with you guys later?

8:44 AM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

You all will never actually get any sleep in your room anymore, you know that, right :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Sleep is overrated.

1:28 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Hey, are you singing karaoke in that picture? Just what song would Typho be singing?

1:48 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

Yeah, I'm with JJ, you do look like you're going to break into song.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

What's your name?
(What's your name?)
Who's your daddy?
(Who's your daddy? He rich?)
Is he rich like me?

Has he taken
(Has he taken)
Any time
(Any time to show)
To show you what you need to live?
Tell it to me slowly
Tell you what?
I really want to know
It's the time of the season for loving

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

Hey typho dont pull anything trying ta hit the hi notes!!

Well it looks like the partys happening. I guess Im never gonna get the green goblin ta make up his mind .

4:37 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

Well, that's not what I was expecting. Even sang your own back up, impressive.

*looks at Padme, who is at the bar with a large margarita, sighs*

Wanna help me and Noel finish the our room *cute 'I really want this' smile*

5:06 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Well, that's not what I was expecting.

And what were you expecting, my dear?

Wanna help me and Noel finish the our room

You want me to break the rules and get kicked out, don't you?

(smiles)

5:36 PM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Typho...Typho...Typho...
First it was Survivor and Siri (and look how well that turned out)and now it's Big Brother and Oneida.
These reality shows are just your answer to personal adds, hu?

6:46 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Please don't use the "S" word (i.e., Survivor).

7:45 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

;)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but at least it wasn't southern mountain yodeling.

And I'm going to be a big girl, and not make a comment about JJ's comment about you and reality shows.

And just for JJ, I went back to the wave picture

12:47 AM  
Blogger cylon said...

Great site. My great passion is personal development and hypnosis and was wondering if you would like to take a look at my site subliminal messages?

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home