Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Noel: Intergalactic Omelet Part two.

When Jar Jar announced that we were to do a cooking contest, I thought "Cool I'm a good cook, this will be easy."

But then he said it was to be from our home planet. Then I thought "Ohhh great... how can I make something from my home planet when it doesn't even exist any more. I guess I'll be eating then. I just hope whoever I get paired up with can cook." And that happened to be Jon.

After Jar Jar stopped talking everyone paired off together. I went over to Jon and told him I would eat any thing he made. I guess he didn't realize my dilemma, because he insisted I cook something. I didn't want to lose it but was coming pretty close to it. I just simply told him " NO, I want you to cook something."

I think he finally figured out why I didn't want to cook, because he agreed and told me he was going to make an Omelet. He even tried to get me to smile by telling me a pretty lame egg joke. I wasn't in the mood to smile. I always get a little down when I think of Neptonian. The sad thing is if I could have made my famous smoked Hiller (a type of fish) and mashed Kint (a root like plant that is sweet) and green moss tea, I would have. And I know Jon would have loved it. But it is hard to make something out of nothing. If you know what I mean.

But anyway, as Jon was making the food I sat back and watched. Oneida sat next to me and we talked a bit. I kept on thinking.... this is kind of fun.... I will miss it when it's over. I watched everyone make different types dishes. Fluke was making a complete mess.... I'm not cleaning the kitchen when this is over. Grievous was getting in everyone's way..... and almost started a light sabre fight. JJ was adding something to his soup that Typho made.... is that allowed.

When everyone was done cooking and Jon placed the omelet in front of me along with a can that read Diet Mountain Dew. I was like wow this looks really good... but kind of wondered what was in the can. I took a small sip and these bubbles tickled my nose. I thought, wow this is something different so I took a bigger drink. I don't know what happened, but I felt this sudden urge to burp. I tried to let it out quite, but it came out loud. I mean REALLY loud, everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I was so embarrassed, I looked down and said excuse me. It took everyone a minute to get back to eating.

I just sat there while everyone else ate. Then Jon came over and asked if I was okay. I just looked up at him, and told him that I was embarrassed. He told me not to worry about it, it happens to everyone.

"Yeah, but not on the Holonet" I said " Plus all this noise and these smells is getting to me. I don't think I can do this."

"Yes you can" he said " I know you can."

And with that, I picked up the fork, scooped up some egg and a chunk of mushroom, and took a small bite. It was surprisingly good. But it need something, I picked up the pepper shaker and proceeded to add some to the omelet. As I tipped the shaker over the lid fell off and a whole lot of pepper got all over it. I was so mad. I heard someone snicker behind me, I didn't have to turn around to know who it was. And I'm not saying who I think it is, but next time I'm keeping a close eye on him.

I looked down at the ruined omelet, thinking how can I eat this now. I tried to scrap the pepper off, and managed to get some of it off. I gave up and thought, hey it might not be so bad. So I took a bite.

And that was all I needed. As I chewed my mouth felt like it was on fire. I swallowed hard and all the way done my throat burned. Then my eyes started to water. I needed something to drink BAD. And I wasn't about to drink what Jon gave me. So I got up and ran to the sink and stuck my head under the running water. I sat there like that for nearly ten minutes.

When I felt somewhat better, I stood up and wiped my face off with a towel. Jon was standing there along with a couple others. All I could think of saying was " Hey at least I tried."

10 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

A valiant effort, Noel.

I don't think you should worry about the burping next time. I know you're a lady and all, but just look at all the pig-oes around you. Like they'd mind.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Don't worry, Noel. Next time, just blame Obi-Wan.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

C'mon Noel {patting her on the back}, cheer up. I've got some Pineapple margaritas left - they won't make you burp. Let's go sit in the living room with Onieda and bond a little.

6:54 AM  
Blogger flu said...

Don't be ashamed of that burp! It was AWESOME! I think I need to tighten the hinges on my blaster helmet now - you rattled it something fierce!

Uh... and the pepper thing - uh... it was funny and all, but it wasn't me. I'm above that type of humor.

I would've put some saran wrap under the lid so nothing would've come out... if it were me... and it wasn't.

Want some of Jardena's? There's plenty left.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

I think chunks I saw come out of that burp.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Vampirella said...

awwwwwwww noel you did great and dont worry about he burp

it is acceptable when trying alien food

8:33 AM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

You should have tried to say the alphabet

8:46 AM  
Blogger flu said...

or your name

9:43 AM  
Blogger Noel of Neptonian said...

Thanks guys.... I guess

I guess if we ever have a burping contest we know who will win.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Noel of Neptonian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home