Tuesday, January 17, 2006

J.J.: Cooking Challenge Part 2 - Garnish and Gobble

So okay, I’m reduced to eating some of Typho’s home style frog broth with noodles. He calls this food? There’s nothing to it. I mean come on…seaweed flakes? Who in their right mind could get filled up with that?

I look up at Typho with a dubious stare. The man was sweating bullets. You would have thought he had just finished cooking an eight course meal at a Bantha BBQ!

“Uh look, I’ll be right back,” he leaned down to tell me. “It’s just too hot in here with everyone cooking in this small kitchen. I got to change my clothes. Watch after the soup.”

“No problemo!”

Now…just a little garnishing….?

--

By the time Typho got back, Jar Jar was tasting our entry. “OOoohhh Chuba Broth with ikopi milk. Nice and salty too. Thisa nummy nummy. Oh and whatsa thisa? Such fine tender chunksa meat too? Muy muy nummy.”

Typho looked down at me with that one eye trained like a sniper scope. “Meat? What me-"

“Shhhhh.”

Great! Now it was my turn to dig in and gullet-down the food! Forget the fork! I just grabbed the bowl and started chugging! Yeah, some of the juice dribbled onto my robe, but that’s okay. I can squeeze it out later for a late night snack.

“Gulp Gulp chomp smack gulp chew chew gulp smack…”

Before I knew it, I had finished our meal. With a satisfied smile on my face, I leaned back, patted my belly and lit up an after dinner cigar.

“So messa Typho, what tender meat did youssa use for your soup?”

”Eh….well…yeah, what type of meat did I use again?” He asked, shooting me worried look.

Just then General Grievous looked up all frantic like. “Hey, where’s my kitten?”

“….eh….you mean that little white thing I saw scampering out in the yard?” I asked nervously.

“Yes. (cough), that’s him. Where is he?”

I looked at the general. I looked at the empty soup bowl. “Eh well…you see…um…It’s like this…I kinda borrowed him for a while.”

“Borrowed him? Borrowed him!!!! That’s my pet. And I want him back!!!” Grievous demanded.

“Um….okay. Well…um….well……..um…..can you come back in 12 hours?”

8 Comments:

Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

OMG, you ate the kitty?!? I liked the kitty. Does that mean the secret ingrediant in your brownies is Fluffy? I, I, I... *starts to cry on cooking partner's shoulder*

9:42 AM  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

What? I thought it was a stray.
Besides, What's Grievous gonna do with a cat?

9:45 AM  
Blogger flu said...

WHAT?!?!?! He already announced a winner?

I haven't even finished setting out the silverware for Jardena yet.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Know that Chinese food was being served I did not.

Partial to Meow-Gai-Pan I am.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Vampirella said...

ewwwwwwwwwwww poor cat remind me not to invite JJ to my Mansion

2:13 PM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

It was either him or my pet Runt.

And Runt's faster than a laser blast, easier ta catch the cat.

That cat was doomed from the beginning!!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I love cats -- especially with ketchup! Aww Willy, I slay me!

(Surely everyone remembers ALF, right?)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

sniff sniff *looks over Fluke's shoulder* Hey, wait *points to cute fluffy kitty walking out girls room dragging something of Padme's* is that Grievous' cat?

Then what/who went into the stew... wait, I don't want to know

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home