Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Intergalactic Gladiator: Intergalactic Omelet


Noel and I huddled together to confer on our plan.

“I can eat whatever you make, Jon,” she asserted.

“Well, that’s not exactly a compliment,” I said. “I’m not the greatest cook, though, so why don’t you cook a dish? I love food.”

Noel looked at me. “No, I want you to cook something,” she replied with a bit of edge to her voice. Perhaps thinking about dishes from her homeworld is just a little too much for her right now. I know when a woman is serious about something, I’m not going to argue over it.

“OK.” I thought for a moment. “I’m pretty good at making omelets, in fact you might say that I'm eggs-celent at it!"

Noel just stared at me.

"OK, I'll just go make the omelet, then."

I got together the ingredients: eggs (from an Earth chicken? Not sure where these came from), cheese, onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. I also got some butter and English muffins and Diet Mountain Dew. I know the Diet Dew sounds kind of trashy, but I didn't have any orange juice. I really doubt Noel or Jar Jar have ever had it though, so to them it may as well be a mimosa.

I stirred up six eggs while the mushrooms, onions and peppers sautéed in the pan. When they were ready, I added the eggs and let it cook. I put the cheese on top and covered it to let it fluff up.

I toasted the English muffins, snapped the butter knife out of my Wristcomm, and buttered them up liberally.

I cut the omelet in half and put them and the English muffin onto plates, one for Noel and one for Jar Jar. I placed the salt and pepper shakers on the table as well. I thought that we could easily win this, but something in the back of my mind wondered if Jar Jar made this challenge just to cop some free food.

6 Comments:

Blogger flu said...

hey!

I was wonderin' where my mushrooms went!

...too bad your eggs are only 'just scrambled', and thus, not very fluffy.

hmph.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Jabafatboy said...

Jar Jar ... Free Food hehehehe.. Wait till he gets ta ours. heheheheheeheheheeh

hahahahahahahhahahah

hohohohohohohohohhoho

4:09 PM  
Blogger Master Yoda said...

Uh, maybe from an Earth chicken those eggs were not. Jar Jar I saw clucking earlier.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

That chicken looks a little funky, just to warn you. Little past it's prime

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

You definitely don't want to cook that chicken, either. Too rubbery.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Vampirella said...

think that chicken is tooo tough and gamey

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home